Sunday 8 April 2018

Just where does one stash it all?

Okay, faced with a conundrum, I'm a teaching assistant in a primary school and often I find myself needing all sorts to hand and often 'at once'!  But where oh where is one to store it all? I wanted something I could house all these little things in such as highlighter pens, shoe horn, paper clips, marking pens, rubber gloves, plasters, pencil, ruler, whistle, blar blar blar.... So... I made a 'Toolkit!'  ;-)

I bought a 'half apron' as its called from a waitressing supplier online then begun decorating it.  I'd never done any embroidery and knew nothing of what I'd need or how to get on, so got a book about it and cracked on....  I'd always loved the little yarn flowers I'd seen online too but didn't know how to make those, it was crochet and I'd never done that before! Aggrrr, but cracked on - courtessy of endless free pattern and tutorial sites.  Before I knew it was 'hooked'!  ;-)  Making lots of clashing coloured flowers and stitching them into place randomly over the apron front, getting a little adventurous by often adding in a beaded centre! Get me!  lol.

Found some bits of ribbon and sewed in little hooks and keyring things to the inside large pockets to act as quick release holders for things such as a 'keyring shoe horn' (who knew they existed? I had no idea, how jolly practical for when the children are fretting after P.E that they cant get their shoes on!) I even found a key ring cpr defense mask!  Just had to add that to the Amazon basket!  lol.

So (left pic) here's the sort of finished toolkit, ready for taking me with much ease from term to term and having EVERYTHING a girl could need - to hand!  hurrah!.....  hhhm, I wonder what else I could stash in it.... I have seen a keyring crochet hook I'd rather like. mmm, that might be taking it too far.  teehee.

I even made one for a colleague who's favourite colour is purple. See pic here of all the finished flowers ready to attach to hers and my apron.



I love the smaller double flowers so much I'm going to attempt to make lots into little hair-slides for the girls in my class as an end-of-term-gift. Hmm, now need to come up with something for the boys.......?  I'm thinking monster-zip-pulls/keyrings/bookbag rings?  Thanks to good ole Pinterest and Youtube we can find anything and learn to make anything in the world!  :-o



No comments:

Post a Comment