Sunday 4 November 2018

Lesson basket.

I made what was titled 'large tote bag' in crochet from a pattern website I use frequently but after having followed all the instructions and finished it, I didnt like it, so it sat for a short while squished in back of cupboard until one day whilst out on a walk I serendipitously found a metal basket in a field edge! I know! It resembled a basket you'd find in a high street chemist, sturdy, oval and ergonomic so I brought it home and stretched said crocheted bag over the outside of the basket, cut the top off the crochet and re did the edging to attach it firmly in place.    

Still not happy with the result I crocheted some miniature bunting and attached it round the edges! ahhh, thats better!  Its now my 'Interventions basket' I use every afternoon in school when working one to one with some children to boost their learning.  

I love how cheerful and amusing it looks and how it livens up and makes fun the contents of maths and English things inside.... :-)  




No comments:

Post a Comment