Sunday 4 November 2018

I got a bit crafty this year... ;-)

I have made many things this year, most of which I truly enjoyed, some of which were laborious indeed.

Here are some of my favourites.  All have been new techniques to me and impossible to apply without the concentration tongue coming out! teehee.

Above was a wonderful crochet workshop at a local venue that had an entire field full of sunflowers, the workshop was on a balmly and beautiful summers evening perfectly timed when the sunflowers in the field were all in full, glorious bloom.  It was hard to learn on the workshop as it was friendly and full of fun so I barely paid any attention to the craft but managed to master it in my home over the days that followed.  I'm SO VERY PLEASED WITH IT.  Its a mandala, you hang them and they look pretty.  ;-)  This one is to hang in my dining room at the french doors. 


I made a photo frame for a friend and quite simply knew nothing about her colours or what she liked so I did as many as I could to kind of cover it! ;-)  Was fun.  
I'm hooked on making these cute little flowers, I've made oodles since this project and adorned and embellished everything possible!  They also make great hair slides or brooches.  Glass pearl beads as the flower centres on some. 
 Well, this year in the craft world it seems 'mandalas' are the thing!  they're everywhere and some without seemingly a purpose when completed; inspired by some of them but with the mission mine having a purpose I thought I'd try my hand to this wall art one I found a pattern for.  

It was incredible fun to make.  The choices of colours are endless and personal to you, I'm hooked! 'scuse pun!  I shall be making lots more.  next summer I will endeavour to up my game and make one on an exercise hoop! HUGE!  :-)   Next here shown on the right, is another mandala, using similar pattern to that on my sunflower one above but this time I was thinking 'Daisy', not content leaving it alone I had to pop this cheeky little bumble bee on it too.  It lives in my library on the wall which gives a childlike joy to the otherwise grown up space.  ;-)  



 Once Autumn came I wanted to get making some things that I could pull out each October and enjoy, I have oodles of ideas but for now and for this year I made this pumpkin for the mantle piece and the wreath for the front door.  

Intention is they'll be on display for two months a year.  I love them both!  

The wreath cheers up the otherwise dull porch as the season turns more grey. 

 I also love how it welcomes me home if I pull onto the drive at night in the dark..... 


In summer I bought some cashmere yarn in baby blue and got to work on this sumptuous soft giant triangular wrap which took me about 3 months to finish, the pattern repeat was simple but since it grew on every row it made it hard for me. Ugh! However, I LOVE the end result.  

I think I'll pop a teeny tiny matching pompom on the corner of each of the long ends..... 

Here to the right you'll see Tobias!  lol. tobias the toucan!  It was a theme at my school and I just felt compelled to make him.  He's super tiny and has a brooch pin sewn into his right wing so he can stick with me throughout the day in class.  ;-)  Needless to say he got a lot of attention and intrigue.





Also for school we did a rainforest theme and talked about creatures we see in the trees, so this is Gump (called such as in Forest Gump, as in he lives in a forest) ;-)  

He's a tree frog with wire in his legs so he can bend them back and inwards ready to pounce!  teehee.  


 He now lives in a large tree plant in my library room, subtle in the grown up space waiting for onlookers to notice him.  ;-)


And another mandala! They are a delight to make and fast too, this one I've designated as the doily for the orchid plant in my dining room.  I love it and I dont think it looks too old fashioned... just a slight bit of 'twee'.  :-)  Colours to match the room which is yellow and white .


















No comments:

Post a Comment