Sunday 8 April 2018

My favourite local hike from my home, I see no one and no one can hear me. Love it!


Whenever I think about doing a hike I always think about my chosen pit-stop refreshment first.  Do I want just water from my inbuilt hydro pack or will I fancy something more warming like soup, tea, fresh coffee?  

I found this brilliant leak-proof flask/bottle that genuinely keeps stuff mega burning hot for hours and hours, plus it came with a little karibina clip which I have attached a little glass cup to!  Got a whole set of these tiny glass cups (well! I did have until slowly broke them all but one over the years!) they were a set of punch-bowl-cups from Ikea that came with a bottle of Grogg.  




Never used them for anything other than mock-tea-party roll-play with my son when he was little, finally they have a new purpose as make for a great small burst of cosy hot beverage whilst perched on a hill top somewhere.  :-)  Just enough for about 3 or 4 big glugs, leaving plenty in the flask for the next little pit-stop.



 The first pitstop I chose was high up, I argued heavily with the clouds and got them to consider carefully their next course of action!  ;-)  They responded to guidance well and swiftly whizzed by revealing a lush sunny sky.  


But, alas there'd been so much rain over the past week the buttercups were firmly closed on the bank sides, there was no telling them that it was going to be sunny, I couldnt coax them out at all!  




  I adore this peculiar remnant of a post.  I pass it and often muse over the wonderful and ever changing picture behind it that it so rustically frames for onlookers to enjoy.  I even love how some quaint little flower has managed to move in and make it home.  Art in nature - utterly wonderful!  




Again, much more simply displayed (right pic) but the sun and clouds behind this overgrown telegraph pole brings me great joy.



My favourite stop off point (left pic) - I'm not sure what it is about this spot, it just feels right. It's off the beaten track and I'm more than certain its where I 'shouldnt' be but I'm respectful to the surroundings, quiet and leave it as I find it. I only go there to enjoy the sky and air around my face.  I cannot help but lay down and feel part of the earth.  The sky always seems so vast up here.... You'll see (behind the muddy gaiters and shoes) the white stones in the ground, thats because here around North Hertfordshire we're mostly chalk; on a bright sunny day in some parts it can seem almost blindingly bright.  Quite fascinating.  

No comments:

Post a Comment